Hello My Name Is...
Hello everyone! My name is Mrs. Cook and this is my 10th year here at H.E.S. I am excited to begin our school year and look forward to teaching you! I hope to incorporate a variety of new games and fitness activities into my P.E. program; if you have any suggestions please drop them off in the suggestion box!! I am always looking for new ideas : ) Games help children learn important skills such as problem solving, sharing, following rules and directions and being a team player. Aside from games, students will be introduced to sports for recreational purposes while developing sportsmanship qualities. These skills will help develop agility, balance, cardio-vascular endurance, flexibility and strength.
Contact Information: If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me at 732- 872 -1476 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cooperation Day Tuesday, June 6th (rain date June 7th) Pre K-3rd will be on the field from 8:45-11:30 and then Grades 4-6 from 12:35-2:45
- Anyone interested in volunteering for Cooperation day should contact Mrs. Cook or fill out the parent slip no later than June 1st.
- April & May Fitness Testing Grades 2-6
- Jump Rope for Heart took place on Thursday, February 23rd. Congratulations to HES for raising $3,893 for the American Heart Association!.
- Our School Wide Speed Stacking Event took place on Wednesday, November 16th and Thursday, November 17th, Congratulations to 5th Grader Alexa Newell for winning the competition!
- The Holiday Food Drive ran from November 1st - November 18th. Congratulations to Jeter Woods for winning the holiday raffle.
May/June P.E. Activities:
Grades Pre K- 1: scooter games, parachute and team building activities
Grades 2-3: fitness testing, parachute games, kickball lead up drills and team building activities
Grades 4-6: fitness testing, kickball unit and team building activities
1. Sneakers Must Be Worn During P.E.
2. Please wear the appropriate clothes in P.E. (No dresses or skirts. As the colder months approach please have students bring in sweatshirts/jackets, we will be going outside. Long hair should be pulled back)
3. No Jewelry
4. Follow Directions The First Time Given
5. Respect Each other & Our Equipment
6. Do Your Best
7. Play Safe & Have Fun!
***Grades are based on preparation (including participation), behavior and attitude. Students who are unprepared more than 3 times will have a N for Needs Improvement on their report card.
Grades 2nd - 6th Mile Run dates:
4th Grade - week of 4/24
2nd Grade - week of 5/1
3rd Grade - week of 5/1
5th & 6th Grade: week of 5/10
What does the President's Challenge test for?
These five events test students on muscular strength, endurance, speed and agility and flexibility.
The physical fitness test/challenge rates students in three levels of achievement. They are as follows:
- Presidential (students who achieve an outstanding level of physical fitness. Students who qualify within the 85th percentile in all five events are eligible for this award)
- National (Students who score above the 50th percentile on all five events demonstrate a basic, yet challenging level of physical fitness.)
- Participation (Students whose scores fall belows the 50th percentile will receive a participation certifciate for completting all of five events)
When Does Your Child Have P.E.?
Pre K. Garcia: T/Th
Pre K Arbore: M
Gr. K(Toye): M & W
Gr. K (Acerra): M & Th
Gr. 2 Cusson: M & T
Gr. 3 Conrad: T & W
Gr. 4 Petriello: W & TH
Gr. 5Davis: M & T
Gr. 6 David: T & Th
Exercises To Do At Home: Couch sit ups, ride your bike, skate board park, take your pet for a walk or jog and play tag with siblings
2016-2017 Golden Sneaker Winners
September/October : Angelina, Cameron, Layla, Scottie, Colin, Mayrin, Marishka & Blake
October/November: Remington,Emma F, Anthony C, Kelsey C, Donnie Q, Benjamin K, Patrick, Destiny, Elijah, Brandon D, Anthony & Lily T.
December/January: Charlie, Kaylee, James, Ryan, Cayden, Michael, Alexis
February/March: Ezekiel, Jacqueline, George, Kiera, Lilli, Justin, Kylie, Shana, Jeter and Jhalia.
April/May: Michael, Reagan, Devan, Joseph, Caleb, Dalia, Rishi, Evie, Sophie,
Helpful Health Links: