BOARD OF EDUCATION COMMITTEES 2017
Please click below to view the new Master Committee's for 2017
HIGHLANDS BOE COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS 2017.pdf
*Board President serves on all committees & Chair for Tri-District Committee
CHAIRS of COMMITTEES: All committee chairs should be prepared for a brief recap of any meetings / on-goings from their respective area at each monthly BOE meeting.
- Finance – Oversight of all finances (bills & claims & audit reports), grant seeking opportunities, pre-school tuition, ensures efficient business practices, and annual budgeting.
- Personnel & Board Staff Relations – Oversight of personnel issues & contracts. Reviews all Superintendent recommendations and initiates actions for staff appointments, assignments, and evaluations.
- Community Engagement & Relations – Oversight of all PR, HES & Tri-District website, external partnerships, and serves as liaison to school and community organizations (including PTO).
- Buildings & Grounds – Oversight of all issues as it relates to the maintenance and improvements of building and property. Review Building Use Agreements and assists with development of annual and long range building maintenance and renovation goals
- Education – Oversight of curriculum, assessment and instruction. Works with the administration in the development of long range curriculum goals.
- Policy – ADHOC with each committee reviewing Policy regarding their areas. Overview will be shared with entire board during workshop if necessary. Works to keep the Board aware of political and legislative decisions that impact our schools on a state, county, and local level. Oversight of HES policy manuals, student handbook, drafts and proposes new policy and keeps abreast of pending legislation and its possible implication for policy change.
- Tri-District – Oversight of Tri-District relations & Strategic Planning.
- NJSBA / MCSBA – Keeps BOE aware of training opportunities, Spring & Fall Delegate Assembly, Monmouth County Meet-ups, etc…