Mrs.Stockton's Web Page
May 2017, Happy Spring
STUDY BASIC FACTS EVERY DAY!
Please review basic skills each night:
addition/subtraction flash cards
multiplication/division flash cards
Use those great sites to keep your skills sharp: sum dog, study island, cool math games
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or concerns.
Homework will be posted on the homeroom teacher's site and should be completed each day.
The best way for your child to become proficient in math is to practice the basic math facts every day.
Addition and subtraction facts -grades 1-3
Multiplication and division facts- grades 3-6
Topics this month:
- Grade 1 adding and subtracting 2 digit numbers, measurement with standard and non standard units, learning to add and subtract fluently with touch math
- Grade 2 continue adding and subtracting up to 1,000 with and without regrouping using touch math strategies, money counting and making change, measurement
- Grade 3
- Grade 4: adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers, multiplying fractions, decimals and their fractional equivalents, standard and metric measurement
- Grade 5 : geometry finding volume of solid figures, continue practice with fractions and decimal computation, measurement conversions
- Grade 6: Ratios, rates, and proportions using the D=RT formula to find missing values, finding equivalent ratios and rates to solve real world problems
- AFTER SCHOOL MATH grades 3-4 continue home practice on Study Island and Khan Academy with fractions, parcc.pearson.com practice tests
The mission of the Highlands Borough School is to provide a safe environment for the study of a challenging and balanced curriculum which will enable students to become independent and critical thinkers. Opportunities will be provided for students to develop self-esteem, social values, and the motivation needed to continue individual growth while also developing a respect for cultural differences. This mission requires an active and responsible partnership of students, staff,community, and school board.